Watch for updates on this event!
The Official Pumpkin Race Rules have been established to promote fair play and inspire good old-fashioned American Ingenuity.
All Pumpkin Racers must design and race their Pumpkin Races according to these few important rules to ensure that the Pumpkin Race is fun and fair for everyone.
- RULE #1 Craft your Pumpkin RaceCar using a single pumpkin.
- RULE #2 Insert two independent axels through your pumpkin and attach wheels to the axels. Spice up your racer with style.
- RULE #3 You may not attach your pumpkin onto a pre-fabricated chassis of any kind (skateboard, stroller, Tonka truck, etc., etc…) A.K.A. The “Anti-Stealth” Rule.
- RULE #4 NO EXPLOSIVES or PYROTECHNICS.
- RULE #5 No pushing or “helping” your Pumpkin Racer on the starting line.
- No- last minute shove, the hidden thumb flick, the early release, the remote control chassis, etc. etc. See Rule #6.
- RULE #6 NO CHEATING. Feel great about being honest and fair. Don’t be tempted to be a Cheater Pumpkin. Use the honor system and obey the spirit of these rules. Our Race Officials have a keen eye and the Mallet-O-Justice ready to bring a Cheater Pumpkin down
WITH YOUR RIGHT HAND ON YOUR PUMPKIN,
REPEAT THE SOLEMN PUMPKIN RACER PLEDGE:
“I pledge to always do my very best and play by the rules
because Cheater Pumpkins never prosper.”
This is the Pumpkin Racer Pledge
Congratulations, Pumpkin Racer.
The Union County Extension Homemakers will be hosting their annual “Holiday Bazaar”
You will not want to miss all of the amazing crafts, treats and gifts that this bazaar will bring and lets not forget the world famous “Cream Chicken Sandwich”. Spend some time buying gift or treat yourself to the treasures you are sure to find!!!
Please watch for changes closer to this event
CHRISTMAS IN OUR HOMETOWN & COUNTRY 2017
Sunday, December 3rd, 2017
Brought to you by: UNION COUNTY DEVELOPMENT CORPORATION, UNION COUNTY FOUNDATION, AND THE MERCHANT’S OF UNION COUNTY.
Complete with Christmas music playing in the streets.
6:00am to 1:00pm Liberty Restaurant open
11:00am to 9:00pm J’s Restaurant open
1:00pm to 5:00pm The Grande Ole Porch open
11:00am to 4:00pm Chili dinner at the Liberty Volunteer Fire Department Firehouse: Enjoy “Famous Fireman Chili”
1:00pm to 5:00pm Accents Flowers 20% off store wide
1:00pm to 5:00pm El Reparo Restaurant: Buy $30.00 in gift certificates; get $5.00 bonus on gift card.
1:45pm Candy Cane Relay Race: Market Street is the Start/Finish line!
2:00pm to 5:00pm Union County Foundation Open House:
2:00pm to 7:00pm Hubbard CPA and Hubbard Law LLC will have an open house to share there interior upgrade with the community! .
2:00pm to 7:00pm Terry’s Beauty shop will offer Paraffin Dips for hands. Mrs. Claus will also read stories to the children. They will also
PARADE ENTRY FORM
Lighted Christmas Parade
December 2nd, 2018
Sponsored by Union County Development Corporation
To Be Held on December 4th, 2018 at 6:00 p.m.
Kids’ raffle: VFW Ladies Auxiliary will raffle two large stockings. Free entry for kid 1 to 10 years old!
3:00pm to 7:00pm Trolley rides through town to enjoy the evening
3:00pm to 4:00pm MRS. Clause Children’s Scavenger Hunt around the Courthouse: For kids 12 years and younger; all participants will receive a prize. Sign up at the UCDC Booth
3:00pm to 5:00pm SANTA CLAUS AT THE CABIN: Visit with Santa on the Courthouse Square
3:30pm Union County School Choir will be caroling on the courthouse steps
4:00pm Union County High School Spanish Club will be caroling in spanish on the courthouse steps
6:00pm Lighted Christmas PARADE on Union Street: Participants meet at 5:30pm in the
UCHS parking lot behind the school!
6:45pm TREE LIGHTING CEREMONY: On the Courthouse lawn
For additional information contact: Union County Development Corporation: 765-458-5976