26 W Union St
Liberty, IN 47353
Watch for updates on this event!
The Official Pumpkin Race Rules have been established to promote fair play and inspire good old-fashioned American Ingenuity.
All Pumpkin Racers must design and race their Pumpkin Races according to these few important rules to ensure that the Pumpkin Race is fun and fair for everyone.
- RULE #1 Craft your Pumpkin RaceCar using a single pumpkin.
- RULE #2 Insert two independent axels through your pumpkin and attach wheels to the axels. Spice up your racer with style.
- RULE #3 You may not attach your pumpkin onto a pre-fabricated chassis of any kind (skateboard, stroller, Tonka truck, etc., etc…) A.K.A. The “Anti-Stealth” Rule.
- RULE #4 NO EXPLOSIVES or PYROTECHNICS.
- RULE #5 No pushing or “helping” your Pumpkin Racer on the starting line.
- No- last minute shove, the hidden thumb flick, the early release, the remote control chassis, etc. etc. See Rule #6.
- RULE #6 NO CHEATING. Feel great about being honest and fair. Don’t be tempted to be a Cheater Pumpkin. Use the honor system and obey the spirit of these rules. Our Race Officials have a keen eye and the Mallet-O-Justice ready to bring a Cheater Pumpkin down
WITH YOUR RIGHT HAND ON YOUR PUMPKIN,
REPEAT THE SOLEMN PUMPKIN RACER PLEDGE:
“I pledge to always do my very best and play by the rules
because Cheater Pumpkins never prosper.”
This is the Pumpkin Racer Pledge
Congratulations, Pumpkin Racer.